Dr. Alexandra Zhang
Board-certified and fellowship-trained dermatologist
Dr. Alexandra Zhang is a highly credentialed dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon. She is board-certified as a dermatologist and a dermatologic surgeon by the American Board of Dermatology. She is a fellowship trained Mohs Micrographic Skin Cancer surgeon by the American College of Mohs Surgery. Dr. Zhang is an expert in the management of aggressive high-risk skin cancers. She founded the Multidisciplinary Transplant Dermatology Clinic at University Pittsburgh and the Cleveland Clinic, and she was the Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship Program Director at Metro Health Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University. Dr. Zhang has published extensively and has lectured nationally and internationally. Her clinical focus is on Dermatologic Surgery and cosmetic procedures including Mohs Micrographic Surgery, cutaneous oncology, laser surgery, as well as cosmetic dermatology.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Shanghai Medical University, 1998, Shanghai, China.
- NIH NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow. 2000 – 2003. Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University
- Internship in Internal Medicine. 2003 – 2004. Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland. Case Western Reserve University
- Dermatology Residency. 2004 – 2007. Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Dermatologic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellow. (Mohs Surgery/Procedural Dermatology Fellowship). 2010 – 2011. Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic
Associations & Memberships
Dr. Zhang is a member of :
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- International Transplant Skin Cancer Collaborative
- Women’s Dermatologic Society